Beard & Mustache Contest
*Contestant can register at any local bank, the Chamber of Commerce Office, or City Hall.
*Registration begins October 1st, 2018.
*Contestants must choose one of five categories: longest beard, whitest beard, fullest beard, best styled facial hair or mustache.
*Contestants will have to pay $5 to register - cash prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd & 3rd place for each category. Ribbons will also be provided.
*Need to be clean shaven on October 31, 2018 or at date of registration thereafter (will go off of the honor system).
*Judges will determine the winning contestants in each category at a place TBD during the 2019 celebration.
Whitest Beard - person with the whitest beard.
Mustache - mustache or mustache & goatee, but no sideburns.
Fullest Beard - person with the fullest beard.
Styled Beard - Contestants can have both a beard & mustache or just a beard. This division is based on originality & creativity. Let your artistic side shine in this division. Artificial styling aids such as mustache wax, hair spray, hair cream, styling foam, hair get, hair pins, rubber bands, hair ties & the like are permitted in this division.
Longest Beard - person with the longest beard.
1. The contest is open to all competitors.
2. The competition will take place in five divisions. Each competitor will specify the category/categories in which he wishes to compete when he registers.
3. By registering for the competition, all competitors give their permission to the organizers and to the organizers designees that the competitors may be photographed, videotaped and tape recorded and further that the organizers and their disignees may use the photographs, video tapes and audio tapes of the competitor for any purpose including commercial purposes. Any competitor who does not agree to this provision must notify the organizers in writing before the start of the competition.
4. In each division, each judge will rank the top three competitors. Each judge will use a 10 point scale. The contestant with the highest number of points wins. In the event of a tie for any of the first three places, the judges will be asked to re-vote among the tied competitors.
5. Any competitor who does not appear when called to the stage will be eliminated.
6. The organizers reserve the right to modify these rules at any time. Any rule modification will be announced publicly before the competition begins.
7. All decisions of the judges and organizers are final.
8. Discourteous, abusive or unprofessional behavior by a contestant may lead to disqualification at the organizers discretion.
9. The results of the judges, voting will be made public following the competition.
10. Artificial facial hair is not permitted.